Living Your Life By the Words of Bob Marley
Bob Marley is a fascinating character to many in our community. His words live far beyond that of his physical existence and are excellent guides to a living a life worth truly living. Overcome the devils; flee from hate, mischief and jealousy; tell the children the truth – Below, we challenge you to find one of our 42 Bob Marley quotes that resonates with you. How can you better yourself and the world around you?
1. “Overcome the devils with a thing called love.”
Every day we face toxic situations, people, and conversations – Overcome it with love.
2. “Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?”
When we get to the point of blurring the hours of our week into one, it’s time to take a step back and recalibrate. Are we satisfied?
3. “Alcohol make you drunk, man. It don’t make you meditate, it just make you drunk. Herb is more a consciousness.”
As a cannabis consumer, you’re well aware of the difference between herb and alcohol. It’s our responsibility to help educate the rest of the world!
4. “My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.”
Live a conscious life – It’s not about the beginning and end; It’s what you do with your life between then. What is your impact?
5. “Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don’t give up the fight.”
If you believe in something, contribute your voice and energy to the cause!
6.” You have to be someone.”
This goes back to making an impact and making the life we’re given worthwhile. Do something. Be someone!
7. “If something can corrupt you, you’re corrupted already.”
Take responsibility for how you are influenced by the world around you. Don’t blame wrongdoings on anyone but yourself.
8. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.”
Money and power is not an evil possession, but be careful with how you seek to gain it.
9. “Though the road’s been rocky, it sure feels good to me.”
Embrace the hardships and enjoy the ride. It may not be easy, but it’s the turns and dips that makes the ride worth it.
10. “Better to die fighting for freedom than be a prisoner all the days of your life.”
Life is about living, actually living and standing for something. Don’t fall prey to for falling into line with mediocrity and dissatisfaction.
11. “Everything is political. I will never be a politician or even think political. Me just deal with life and nature. That is the greatest thing to me.”
Stay grounded in all that you do. Embrace the magnetism of the Earth around you and focus on what is true to you and the world we live in.
12. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy.”
It’s unfortunately far too easy to direct our attention to negative feelings and situations; Don’t let it distract you – Be conscious of the signs you choose to follow.
13. “Light up the darkness.”
The darkness can feel overwhelming at times – don’t collapse beneath it. Be the light and you’ll save others.
14. “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.”
It’s a balance of living in the present moment and loving every second of it and creating the life you’d love to live.
15. “Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.”
Don’t be fooled into believing that you don’t have control over the thoughts that run through your mind – Free yourself from negativity.
16. “If you’re white and you’re wrong, then you’re wrong; if you’re black and you’re wrong, you’re wrong. People are people. Black, blue, pink, green – God make no rules about color; only society makes rules where my people suffer, and that why we must have redemption and redemption now.”
Our societies around the world have succumbed to making rules that hurt others. We need to recognize and activate the tide for change.
17. “Live for yourself and you will live in vain; live for others, and you will live again.”
Free yourself of selfish tendencies and live for others. When you do things for others, you reflect gratitude and good fortune onto yourself.
18. “My feet is my only carriage.”
You don’t need anything but your own two feet to get you to where you need to be.
19. “Have no fear for atomic energy, ’cause none of them can stop the time.”
There are so many variables to account for in life; Time is not one of them – It was always keeping ticking away.
20. “The day you stop racing, is the day you win the race.”
Channel your flow state and have confidence in things unfolding in the best way around you.
21. “Put your vision to reality.”
Visions are meaningless without action. If you want to see something come to fruition, don’t shy away from the work and action it entails.
22. “You just can’t live in that negative way, make way for the positive day.”
There’s no room in your life for negativity; A positive lifestyle and mindset are your best asset for living a fulfilled life.
23. “The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too, so while you talk about me, someone else is judging you.”
Be careful to steer clear of judging others as we all make mistakes and wrong turns. At one time or another, we’re all in the same boat.
24. “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?”
Being kind and making the world a better place to live in is not a part-time job. It’s a full-time lifestyle.
25. “When the race gets hard to run. It means you just can’t take the peace.”
If you’re finding it hard to do good and think positively, it’s time to pause and recalibrate your values.
26. “Truth is the light, so you never give up the fight.”
Being true and honest is with yourself and others is the best way to be a light in this world.
27. “My future is righteousness.”
Live your life by your morals and values; Yearn for a future that that allows you to fully live them out.
28. “Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but it’s everything in between that makes it all worth living.”
Channel your inner perseverance and bravery and embrace every step of the process.
29. “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.”
Sometimes strength is only discovered when we’ve exhausted all our other options. Just know – It’s always there to begin with.
30. “One good thing about music—when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
Realign yourself with a favorite song when feeling off track. It’s a safe way to temporarily escape.
31. “Rastafari is not a culture, it’s a reality.”
Rastafari is a way of life, not simply a small community of people. It’s living with intention, clarity, and consciousness.
32. “Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen.”
Remember that is it equally important to share your voice as it is to intently listen to what others have to say.
33. “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.”
Life is what it is. Who are the people in you life that are worth your time, love and effort?
34. “The winds that sometimes take something we love, are the same that bring us something we learn to love.”
This is again about the ‘flow state’. Make peace with what life takes away from us and you will, in turn, be blessed with new things to love.
35. “She may not be the most popular or prettiest but if you love her and she makes you smile… what else matters?”
It’s as simple as investing your opinion in only what you believe and feel to be true. Physical appearances only take a person so far in life.
36. “When the root is strong, the fruit is sweet.”
This quote takes us back to the feeling of being grounded, being one with the Earth beneath our feet. When we are grounded and grateful, our lives are blessed.
37. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.”
Success in life is measured by a multitude of things; Marley is challenging us to measure our lives in a way that doesn’t rely on bank accounts.
38. “Tell the children the truth.”
The children of our world are the future. Tell them the truth and share with them the power of vision, positivity and deeply embedded values.
39. “So before you point your fingers make sure your hands are clean.”
It’s easy to point a finger when things go wrong, but always account for your own involvement in the situation.
40. “When one door is closed, don’t you know, another is open.”
Don’t attach yourself to the outcome. If an opportunity passes you by, another will come your way soon enough.
41. “Prejudice is a chain, it can hold you. If you’re prejudice, you can’t move, you keep prejudice for years. Never get nowhere with that.”
Prejudice is a heavy weight in your life. Let it go – It’s doing nothing for you except dragging you to the depths of dissatisfaction and non-love.
42. “Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.”
The things that happen to us in our lives are all up for interpretation. It’s up to you and your perspective on how you see it.